HELP US TO HELP THEM AND LEAVE A LASTING LEGACY We are looking for people, groups, companies and individuals to take the challenge!!!!!!! Are you brave enough when was the last time you did something for the first time???????? Fundraising can be good fun and gives you a great feeling ...
Kids in Action provides support and social opportunities to children and adults with special needs and learning disabilities.
Our aim is to make a positive difference to each individual, encouraging their participation in social activities, in a safe, non-judgemental environment as many experience isolation and loneliness.
We currently provide and run weekly youth clubs with over 150 people attending the various club days, evening and weekend sessions each week.
Facilities that we offer to our members include:
- A large area with, a dance floor, an interactive floor mat, duke box, projector and a disco facility. The area is flexible and is also used for arts and crafts sessions.
- A dedicated games area equipped with table tennis, pool, table football and games consoles.
- A sensory cottage with soft lighting, bean bags.
- A large multi coloured soft play area with a ball pond and other soft play equipment.
- 40 seated coffee shop serving various refreshments providing a space where parents and carers can relax together.
- Fully equipped changing facility with bed and hoist with wheelchair access.
- Multimedia room with cinema located on first floor
- Camera and green screen room
We have a fleet of 4 caravans 3 at Caistor-on-Sea and 1 at Clacton and we have provided over 500 affordable family holidays.
How we make a difference:
The visible difference parents have seen in their special needs family member since attending the regular sessions is significant. Many who have only ever had adult company, are interacting with other young people, reducing their isolation and loneliness, depression and anxieties. Seeing their child or adult relaxed and enjoying them-selves is priceless.
Our message to you:
If you are interested in becoming a friend of Kids in Action and making a donation or supporting us please get in touch or arrange to visit us to meet some of our members and see what we do.
Paul Bowen-James BEM